From 9th to 13th of September the University of Trento organise the 2nd International Summer School in Urban Ethnography.
This year’s focus is the visual, at the conceptual, methodological and substantive level. Among the themes that will be touched are:
- Urban visuality and urban in/visibilities;
- Visualizing the city, urban rhythms and urban transformations;
- Visualizing urban objects, spaces, atmospheres, events and cultures;
- Researching into the visible and invisible life of public places;
- Understanding the episteme of the image;
- Practicing and reflecting upon visual research methodologies.
Teaching method will be based mainly on interactive formats, such as workshops, data sessions, and ‘ethnographer’s kitchen’ sessions. Participants will have a chance to present their research project and hear a feedback on them.
You can find all the relevant information here:
The deadline for applying is the 15th of July. Please circulate to those you think may be interested.
University of Westminster